(of a person) easily upset or offended
He’s a little touchy about his weight.
She gets very touchy if you mention the divorce.
causing feelings of sympathy; making you feel sad or emotional
It was a touching story that moved many of us to tears.
- a person who is untouchable is in a position where they are unlikely to be punished or criticized
- Given his political connections, he thought he was untouchable.
- that cannot be touched or changed by other people
- The department’s budget is untouchable.
feeling happy and grateful because of something kind that somebody has done; feeling emotional about something
- touched (by something) She was touched by their warm welcome.
- She was touched by the plight of the refugees.
- We were deeply touched by your concern.
- touched (that…) I was touched that he still remembered me.